Already familiar to many, granola is a traditional breakfast cereal in the United States, which is easily combined with milk or yogurt. It can be used as a dessert additive or taken with you on a hike, pre-formed into a bar, because it weighs little, but is high in calories.
The recipe for this granola is simple, and cooking takes only 30-40 minutes:
- Preheat the oven to 170 C and cover the pan with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- Pour oatmeal, quinoa, nuts, chia, coconut sugar and salt into a large bowl, mix thoroughly.
- In a small saucepan, add coconut oil and maple syrup. Heat over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, beating often until smooth.
- Quickly pour the syrup with the oil into a bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until all the flakes and nuts are completely covered. Spread the resulting mass on a large baking sheet in an even layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Then remove from the oven and mix the granola. Turn the pan on the opposite side (so that the mass is baked evenly), sprinkle with coconut flakes and bake for another 5-10 minutes. Make sure that the granola does not burn. Granola will be ready when it becomes dark golden brown and very fragrant.
- Allow the granola to cool completely and break it into pieces before eating. Store leftovers in a sealed bag or glass jar at room temperature for 2 weeks or in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
- you can give granola any shape – squeeze it, for example, into a bar and you will always have a tasty and healthy snack during the day.
- such granola can be consumed with organic milk or yogurt with both classic and vegetarian.
Thanks for the recipe to our partners Biologic.tv where you also could buy all organic ingredients for this recipe! 😉