On 23 September 2021, three EU institutions launched the annual EU Organic Day: the European Parliament, European Council and European Commission on implementation of the Action Plan for the development of organic production in the EU, adopted by the European Commission in March 2021.
Today Ukraine also celebrate the Organic Day together with the European Union, with the aim of European integration, implementation of the European Green Deal in Ukraine, raising awareness about the organic products and promoting the key role of organic agriculture in the transition to sustainable production and consumption in Ukraine.
During the day, a number of events were held, in particular, the online conference “Organic Day in Ukraine”, which gathered more than 250 participants from 16 countries.
You can find more detailed information about the conference on the website of the Ministry of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine, links to presentations and video recordings below.
Also, today, as part of the Organic Day in Ukraine, with initiative of the Ministry of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine and three organic producers Bio-Farm Agrotrade (biologic.ua, Kyiv), Danube Agrarian (Odesa region) and Organic Milk (Zhytomyr region) the campaign “Organic products for children” was held in the village of Kotsyubynske (Kyiv region). More details about the campaign on the pages of the Ministry and the QFTP program on Facebook.
Students and teachers of the Vyshnyansk Vocational College of the Lviv National University of Nature Management celebrated the Organic Day with a visit to the organically certified enterprise Stariy Porytsk, LLC (Organic Cheese Factory). The study visit organised by Ecoterra, Lviv NGO with a support of CCB (Coalition for Clean Baltic) and the EU LIFE Program.
Photo report from the study visit on the Facebook page of Ecoterra, Lviv NGO.
See also about organic producers in the informative story on ICTV TV channel.
Presentations from the online conference “Organic Day in Ukraine”:
- Mr Taras Vysotskyi, First Deputy Minister, Ministry of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine. The current situation of organic legislation in Ukraine. Operational monitoring data of the Ministry of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine (as of 31.12.2021).
- Mr Andrii Remizov, Acting Director, State Institution “Entrepreneurship and Export Promotion Office”. Ukrainian organic export.
- Mr Sergiy Galashevskyy, General Manager, Organic Standard LLC. Results of the Organic Market Survey in Ukraine (2021 and January-August 2022): Organic Export.
- Ms Olena Manziuk, Deputy Head of the Certification, Standardisation and Quality Department, Organic Standard LLC. Results of the Organic Market Survey in Ukraine (2021): Organic Domestic Market.
- Ms Olena Deineko, Coordinator, Organic Initiative. Grant program of the Organic Initiative “Support of Organic Sector in Ukraine”.
- Mr Oleksandr Kaliberda, National Expert, project “German-Ukrainian cooperation in organic agriculture”. Grant initiative “Emergency aid for organic agriculture in Ukraine”.
The online conference is organised by the Ministry of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine, State Institution “Entrepreneurship and Export Promotion Office” in partnership with the Organic initiative* with support of Switzerland within the framework of the Swiss-Ukrainian Programs “Higher Value Added Trade from the Organic and Dairy Sector in Ukraine” (QFTP) and “Organic Trade for Development (OT4D).
Kateryna Shor, OrganicInfo.ua